Here is a link to a playlist of videos that explain how different instruments are made. Here you can find the two videos we have watched at school. Use them to complete the worksheet.
Once you have completed those, choose a third one you like and fill up the table at the back of the worksheet.
Don’t forget to leave a comment after watching the videos to let me know your thoughts.
SEK Qatar will be taking part in a performance competition on the 22nd of May. The contest is called “The Most Beautiful Traditional Show” and we will be presenting a performance under the title
“From Qatar to the World in 15 minutes”
Our show will include the piece we performed at Qatar National Day and a mix of the pieces we learned for International Day.
Unfortunately we can only take 15 students to the show.
Would you like to be one of them?
If you would, this is what you have to do:
- Have a look at the video below to find out what you need to prepare for the audition.
- Fill up the slip I gave you and hand it in to me so that we know you would like to join the group.
- Come to the Music Room when you have time to practice a bit (at 7:25 or after school)
- You will be notified when you have to perform in front of Mr Fernando, Mr Ali and Mr Eduardo. This will happen in the week starting the 30th of March.
- If you are selected you will join the group for rehearsals on Sundays after school during the third term leading up to the performance on May 22nd.
Come on!!!! Be a Risk-Taker!!!! And have fun in the process!!!
It’s nice to see you here at SEK Qatar’s Music Blog. I hope you will enjoy your visit and that you will come and see us regularly.
In our blog you will find information about songs and activities we have been doing at school, as well as recommendations and suggestions to expand your learning experience.
Everyone is welcome to post their comments and we will be delighted if you use this blog to share ideas and suggestions.
Wow, that was a great trip!!!
And International Day was a great opportunity to share our experiences and adventures. I hope everyone had a great time.
We learned so much!!!!
Here you can find some of the songs we did. Maybe you can share them at home with friends and family and teach them all we did. Have fun!!!!!
And don’t forget to post your comments to let us know what you did with these songs!!!
This is a different version of Mardi Gras Mambo. Listen carefully and see if you can tell the difference
Following the Grade 3s request and particularly Adrian’s comment here is also the last song we sang: United. I think it is just beautiful. I hope you enjoy it: